Saturday, August 22, 2009

Otep Shamaya In-Store at Vintage Vinyl 8-18-09

Otep Shamaya, the poetic prowess herself, of OTEP made an appearance at Vintage Vinyl in Fords, New Jersey on Wednesday evening for an autograph signing and reading. I was excited to finally get my copy of her poetry book "Caught Screaming" signed. The lined moved fairly quickly despite mostly everyone either getting multiple things signed or taking pictures. Finally, it was my turn and she signed my book with "Art Sevas" and also a booklet and a poster. Upon mentioning I was from WSOU and would be interviewing her next week, she shock my hand and said something along the lines of: that's nice. I don't usually get to meet the people that interview me. I said thank you, took a picture with her, and was on my way.

Following the signing she began with her piece "Hail Caesar" from Caught Screaming, a political little piece. Then she called for people for either the book to read another piece or Q&A. Someone handed her the book and by the request of a fan she read "My Lover." A fan wanted her to lick her teddy, so she did.

That night Otep performed with her band at The Starland Ballroom.

Upcoming in-stores at Vintage Vinyl include The Used on Sept. 3, Lillian Axe on Sept. 9, Brand New on Sept. 23rd, and Anvil Sept. 25 and 27, among other.

Pictures and a video montage from the store can be seen here.

More photos and video below.















3 comments:

  1. ha omg i bought her that bear! hahaha that was the best day of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Nice of you to give her the bear. Glad you had such a great time. Did you go to Starland Ballroom afterward?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did =] I have seen her 14 times.

    ReplyDelete