Monday, August 31, 2009

This Saturday it's Star Child's Final Show on WSOU w/ acoustic sets by Kevin Devine, Joe Wilson, Exit She Calls, and ShiraGirl



























Dear Readers,

I’ll be celebrating four years at 89.5 FM-WSOU with my last show on Saturday, September 5th from 7pm-2am. Since I graduated from Seton Hall University in May I have to do a final show at the end of the summer. During my time at the station I was an assistant producer, newscaster, and assistant and director of promotions. It was an amazing run, where I worked with great people, got to voice my opinion, go to some great shows, meet some awesome bands, and interview some cool ones as well. Some highlights include interviewing Murder by Death and Poison the Well, meeting Megadeth and Slipknot, doing stage announcements for Rise Against and Atreyu to sold out crowds at Nokia Theatre, Times Square and seeing Interpol and Muse at Madison Square Garden for free.

I’ve interviewed Artimus Pyledriver, Fear Before the March of Flames, Marc Rizzo (of Soulfly), In This Moment, Tim from Rise Against, Doug of the Sleeping, Tommy of The Autumn Offering, Marissa of Screaming Females, Shira of ShiraGirl, Kristin Hersh of Throwing Muses, Otep Shamaya of OTEP. On Tuesday, September 2 at 4pm I’ll do my final interview before my last show with Suicide City. They'll talk about their new album "FRENZY" and the future.

My last show will be on Saturday, September 5th. I'm going to play an eclectic mix of music, tell some station stories, get roasted (I'm sure) by fellow staff members and friends, and maybe a few other surprises. Expect to hear music from The Beatles, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Gaslight Anthem, mewithoutYou, Have Heart, Screaming Females, Blink-182, Lauryn, Fuel and many more.

I'm also honored to announced interviews and acoustic performances by:

Kevin Devine (folk, indie rock singer from Brooklyn)

Joe Wilson (folk Jersey singer from Feeling Left Out & We're All Broken)

Exit She Calls (sweet, catchy alternative rock from Bergen County, New Jersey)

ShiraGirl (all-girl punk outfit from New York)

Thank you for joining me in celebrating my time at one of the leading college radio station's in the country! It's been an amazing run. You can listen on your FM-dial in New Jersey and NYC or www.wsou.net anywhere else. Also, call in at 973-761-9768 (WSOU)

Thanks,
Star Child



1 comment:

  1. The "News On Shuffle" blog sends love and shout-outs. Good luck tonight.

    ReplyDelete