Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Boxed Wine stay catchy on 'Cheap, Fun'

Sometimes you gotta dance. With no fear. With no embarrassment. Sometimes the music just takes over. This is how I feel when I listen to Boxed Wine. When I first saw them at the Lamp Post in Jersey City for Lamplighter's show, I was impressed by how catchy they are without sounding like they are trying too hard. From the catchy "Why can't we stay" line to "Boomerang" this 3-song EP goes by quickly leaving my feet, hips and shoulders wanting more. These songs have a crunchy tight and crispy feel coated in melodic sugary goodness that's undeniably joyous. These boys and newest tambourinist Kyra carry the indie-dance pop genre well and I can't wait to hear more songs from them. This is certainly good clean fun, or as Boxed Wine put it 'Cheap, Fun'. It's available for free/pay-what-you-want at http://boxedwine.bandcamp.com/

Boxed Wine will be playing at our showcase on Jan. 31st at The Lamp Post in Jersey City, NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment